Pathway to God: Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
Sri Guru Granth Sahib is indeed unique in its thought, literary expression and the message it continues to communicate centuries after it was written. Exalted thought needs to be transported on the vehicle of language to reach the masses. Poetic expression lifts prose to a higher plane. When verse and music meld, their beauty and sweetness makes mind transcend the humdrum of rational existence.
The sacred verses of Sri Guru Granth Sahib are called Gurbani, which means the Guru's word or the song messages enshrined in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. In Sikhism, the Guru is the "Wisdom of the Word" and not a human or a book. God revealed the Word through the holy men and women from time to time, and the most recent revelations were entered in the text of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
SearchGurbani.com brings to you a unique and comprehensive approach to explore and experience the word of God. We have the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji , Amrit Keertan Gutka , Bhai Gurdaas Vaaran , Kabit Bhai Gurdaas , Bhai Nand Lal Baani and Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. You can explore these scriptures page by page or search for a keyword in either one or all of the scriptures.
SearchGurbani.com v4.0 was launched on July 1, 2017. The new site with "NEW" features and fast precise updated search alogrithm. The Search has been updated for all sections, Social media sharing options now includes "Sharing Verse" for Sri Guru Granth Sahib and Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. The new Lareevar option for all scriptures with "Lareevar Assist" button and lots more for the cyber sangat to explore. Go to Site Preferences for all options available for you.
Access the scriptures by clicking on Menu Bar or search for a keyword below:
iSearchGurbani 3.0 (Windows/Mac/Linux):
iSearchGurbani ( iSG) is a cross platform software bringing you a simplistic approach to search and explore Gurbani . iSG includes complete Sri Guru Granth Sahib , Bhai Gurdas Vaaran , Kabit Bhai Gurdas, Bhai Nand Lal Baani and Baani's from Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. iSearchGurbani ( iSG) has a built in slideshow/projector feature, which automatically displays text to an additional monitor or projector screen configured as extended monitor. iSearchGurbani is cross platform software, can be installed on Windows/ MAC OSx/ Linux.
- Search History: Stores last 10 key word sequences searched.
- Set Shabad Start: Set the line of Shabad as Asthai, for quick display
- Keyboard Shortcuts for over 90% of application funtionality
- Full Screen Customization: Font Size, Font Color, Background Image or Color.
- Set Language Display Order in Full Screen
- Secondary ( Pramaan) Search
- Display Message to Community ( Full Screen)
- Save SGGS Ang/Baani/Searched Shabad as a Favorite.
iSearchGurbani for Android & iOS v2.5.0 Dec.2017
iSearchGurbani v2.5.0 Features:
-SGGS Ang by Ang . SGGS Chapter Index -SGGS Shabad Index -Bhai Gurdas Vaaran Index -Kabit by Kabit -Sri Dasam Granth Chapter Index -Sri Dasam Granth Page by Page -Bhai Nand Lal Baani Index
Download NEW VERSION (Dec 2017) for iPhone & iPad and for Android (Coming Soon)
Gurbani Search Tips:
- Please click on 'Preferences' tab in Top and Bottom Menu Bar or -=Here=- to set your languages preferences.
- Instructions to Download and install Fonts
- Search option "First Letter Begining" searches for verses beginning with the "first alphabet of the words in the verse in sequence"
- Search option "First Letter Anywhere" searches for the "first alphabet of the words in sequence" anywhere in the verse including beginning.
- Search option "Phrase " searches for the exact phrase anywhere in the verse including beginning.
- Dropdown Suggestion and autocomplete options available for all searches.
- Pootha Maatha Ki Assees : example keywords: p m k a; pt m k a; pt mt k ; pt mt k as; and so on..